Friday, July 11, 2008

Parkour Training Blog

Just the other moment, while talking to a friend called Antek, I decided that from now on this will become my Parkour training blog! Hooray for me! If you don't know what it is, well…, well…, I'll tell you.

Parkour is a new French-discipline/sport/art, it is not very well recognized and usually given the wrong impression. Trasceurs (People who participate in parkour) are often seen as trespassers or idiots that just jump off buildings for fun. No that's not it at all. The idea is trying to get from A to B as efficiently and quick as humanly possible. It requires a lot of strength and fitness. Trasceurs are not just trying to clear the physical obstacles in the path, but also the mental obstacles. Vaults are common in parkour as it is the easiest way to clear an obstacle, just simply jump place hands on it and somehow get the rest of your body over. Flips and tricks are often thought to be parkour, but they actually belong to Free Running, (if you like parkour's brother). They are very similar but free running does not have to be efficient, so thinks like flips which use a lot of energy, is used are included.

Anyway, yes, I will dedicate this blog to my parkour and training, however, I will occasionally give an update of my band Lights Out (even though, we may change the name).

Any ways, got to go train.

Peace

6 comments:

Atamarashi said...

awesome!!!

Atamarashi said...

new post, check it out!!!

Josh - Traceur said...

I'm posting tomorrow!

Atamarashi said...

Fully sick picture!

Captures the best bits of parkour!

(Fixed the pictures in post)

Josh - Traceur said...

You mean the tri picture I made?

Josh - Traceur said...

Please read my top two new posts.